2 May 2008

Meringue with cream and bananas

I've been in the mood to bake or make sweets lately simply because I haven't had the time in the past few weeks. Today I made time. I had egg whites in the freezer that I froze after making my bread and butter pudding.

It's so easy to make meringue especially if you have a kitchenAid (or any stand mixer). I have to admit, I don't remember where I got the recipe from but it's very simple anyway. It's just a matter of beating the egg whites with a little cream of tartar for 10 minutes then add sugar gradually while beating slowly till the mixture is stiff and shiny. Spoon onto a baking sheet and bake in a low oven (110c fan forced) for 20-30 minutes then when cooked turn the oven off and leave the door ajar and let it cool completely before removing.



You can top it with anything. We just used whipped cream and since we had bananas in the fridge and Little one loves it, we placed slices on top.



Bon Appetite,
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails