Hubby liked it so much that I got a kiss after he finished his meal! I only get those when I've cooked something he REALLY REALLY likes :)
- 2 chorizo sausages, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup aborio rice
- 350ml chicken stock,heated
- 50ml evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- Cook the chorizo until brown and fragrant in pot with hot oil.
- Add the onions and garlic. Sauté till the onions are transparent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a minute.
- Add the aborio rice and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring to coat the rice in the oil.
- Add the stock one ladle at a time. Stirring in between each addition. Add the next ladle when the stock has dissolved.
- Cook until the rice is el dente.
- Add the milk and parmesan cheese and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Can be served with crusty bread and a nice glass of wine.