5 June 2007

Back to my roots challenge #5

Mince Pork With Chokos

My mum grows chokos in her back yard. The Choko is a vegetable that belongs to the same family as melons, cucumbers and pumpkins. Filipinos call this vegetable sayote. My mum gave me a couple and I cooked it up with Mince pork. To be honest, I don't know the Filipino name for this but it's a quick and tasty dish. Little one loves his dish and eats all that is in her bowl. As usual, best served with steamed rice.




  • 2 chokos, peeled and sliced thinly

  • 1 onion, chopped

  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed

  • 500grams pork mince

  • vegetable oil

  • salt and pepper



  1. Sauté the onion and garlic in a pan of hot oil

  2. Add the chokos and cook for a few minutes

  3. Add the pork mince and cook till brown

  4. Add about 1/4 cup of water and let simmer for 5 minutes

  5. Season to taste

  6. Serve with rice


Pork Mince With Chokos @ Group Recipes


Bon Appetite

Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails