13 May 2007

Mothers Day Breakfast

Today I celebrated my very first Mother's Day. I got a really nice pink woollen jumper and got treated out for breakfast.

We headed out to the Blue Room on Clarendon Street, South Melbourne.

Hubby had the Eggs Benedict. Virginian Ham, poached eggs, and hollandaise on an English Muffin. Hubby enjoyed his meal. The egg was cooked perfectly. The yolks were runny and creamy the way poached eggs are meant to be.



I had the Spanish Omelette, baked in a claypot with pimentos, tomato, roasted bacon red onion relish, wood-fired potatoes, hollandaise and toast. I had to try this dish as I've never had eggs cooked in a claypot before. This dish was very tasty. I loved the flavour of the of the caramelised onions and and pimentos in the fluffy, creamy omelette. The potatoes was crunchy and delicious. The hollandaise sauce was a great addition.

I even got a complimentary glass of sparkling wine, which I think the little one was very keen on.


Bon Appetite
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails