17 May 2007

Lunch Box 3: This Time It's Personal

Ahhhh.... another month, another Red Lunch Box menu at Cafe Vue. I am so happy that I only work down the road from the cafe. This time we managed to grab a table at the small establishment.

Starter

Curried celeriac soup with Spring Bay mussels - I liked the taste of this soup however if it wasn't for the mussels, it would've tasted a little bland. There was only a small hint of curry.

Salad

Thai chicken salad - I loved the mixture of the vegetables in this salad - some carrots, bean shoots, chinese cabbage and onions. I'm not a big fan of raw onion and to me, the onions in this salad was too strong. The dressing had a real nice sweet, sour, salty and spicy balance. It came separately in a small test tube.

Savoury

Pork pie with aloe vera and pea jus - I loved the pork pie but not too sure about the ale vera and pea jus that came with it. The pork pie itself had a great flavour and didn't really need any sauce. The jus had an interesting flavour. I couldn't decide whether I like it or not. I think the aloe vera gave it kind of a medicinal taste so I decided that the pie didn't need it.

Sweet

Beetroot macaroon - This macaroon was very sweet. The flavour of the beetroot was very strong in this macaroon (which I don't know if it's good or bad). The texture of it was awesome. It was nice and crispy on the outside and sticky and squidgy on the inside.... nice.


My friend, EB, instead of going for the Lunch Box, went for the prawn baguette. The succulent prawns were dressed in a tangy cocktail sauce and placed in a crusty baguette, alongside slices of avocado and shredded lettuce. It looked fantastic. I may give this one a go next time I"m there.



I've been to Cafe Vue for the lunch Boxes three times now... can you tell?


Bon Appetite
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails