We substituted chicken for prawns (as we didn't have any).
- 2 tbp oil
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 2 thick English pork sausages
- 225g cooked prawns
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 celery sticks
- chilli powder
- 225g basmati rice
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 400 ml passata (or finely diced tomatoes)
- 4 spring onions
- bay leaves
- Heat the oil in large frying pan, or better, a paella pan. Fry the thickly chopped chorizo and pork sausages until golden then set aside.
- Fry the garlic, onions, thickly sliced pepper & celery, in the pan for 2 minutes
- Add the chilli powder and paprika to taste (preferably hot) and cook for 1 minute.
- Add back the sausages then add the rice, thyme, bay leaves, passata, chicken stock, salt & pepper. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes. Use foil to cover if you don't have a big enough lid. Stir 2 or 3 times during the simmer.
- Ensure the rice is cooked through, add a little more stock if needed.
- Uncover, sprinkle over the prawns and chopped parsley, & recover for 5 minutes.
- Serve with spring onions and extra parsley, and some good crusty bread.
- Optional - add chicken as well as the sausages.
Don't be surprised if you see this on here again :)