5 April 2010

Happy Easter 2010!




This year, Easter was quite a hectic long weekend.  I had so many plans of baking and cooking up a storm but unfortunately, time got the better of me and didn't end up doing anything I had planned.

Good Friday was spent at my Mother-in-laws for lunch.  Gourmet fish and chips was on the menu.  It was light and delicious.



The children had their annual Easter Egg Hunt in my Mother-in-law's backyard

Thomas found one though he is still too young for chocolate

Deanna managed to find a basket full.

It has lately been tradition to spend the evening of Good Friday at the Botanical Gardens with my family.  However, my brother, @MrEd2U and family spent the long weekend at Rosebud.  So we took my parents out to Williamstown for a walk and dinner.

Deanna on her scooter


Thomas loved being on the swing

We had dinner at Williamstown Mussels.  My brother raves about this place  so we wanted to try it out for ourselves.  When we got there, there was only one person in front of us and we were told the wait will be 15 minutes.  I thought the wait wasn't too bad.  After ordering, the queue became a lot longer.  In fact, it was out the door.  I bet the wait would have been at least 30 minutes at that point.  My verdict?  We enjoyed the fisherman's basket and Hubby enjoyed his "Porky Burger"  The fish was fresh and the batter was light and crispy.


Easter Sunday was spent at Fawkner Park in South Yarra, celebrating our Nando's store's 3rd Birthday.  We also celebrated a great year in 2009 where our store is ranked 3rd in Victoria.  The staff that attended were treated to tasty make-your-own sandwiches and a Black Forest Birthday Cake.  Entertainment came in the form of one of the staff playing his guitar and another staff singing, making words up as he went along.  It was quite entertaining.




After lunch, we played a game of soccer.  We were so tired after that so we decided to just take it easy  the rest of the afternoon.  

On Easter Monday, we took the children to the Royal Botanical Gardens Melbourne where Guilfoyle's Volcano was opened  to the public.  It was originally built in 1876 and stored water for use in the Botanical Gardens but has been closed for  60 years.





As you can see, the long weekend was full of activity.  I vow to bake and cook up the storm that I wanted to, next year... hopefully.


Chickie Eggs inspried by JustJennRecipes.com


Bon Appetite,
Cherrie

1 comments:

/* */ Edward Puzon said...

you didn't tell me you went to Williamstown Mussels for Easter. did you like it? looks like Deanna did!

Related Posts with Thumbnails