29 January 2010

The Cook Book Challenge - Week 2 : Indian ( a catch up )



Week 2 : Cool
Recipe :  Mango Lassi
Cook Book : Floyd's India by Keith Floyd




I love Indian food and for this Indian theme, I didn't want to make a curry, simply because I tend to make curry a lot.  Hubby is a quarter Indian and naturally loves curry.  So I have made it my mission to find that perfect curry recipe for him.
For his birthday weekend, we had his family over and he asked for me to make Curry (surprise, surprise!).  So I thought, to accompany it, I'll make Mango Lassi.  I've never made it before but have had it dozens of times.  

Recipe
Puree any soft fruit of your choice, such as raspberries, strawberries, mangoes apricots or bananas, to make 250ml of puree.  Add the puree to 750 ml of natural yoghurt and 100ml of sugar syrup and blend with some ice cubes.
note:  to make sugar syrup, put 50g of sugar in a saucepan with 300ml water.  Place over moderate heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.  Bring to the boil and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, then remove from the heat.  Leave to cool.  The syrup can be stored in the fridge for several weeks.


Bon Appetite,
Cherrie

1 comments:

/* */ Gluten Shmooten said...

yum looks great!

Related Posts with Thumbnails