10 May 2007

Back to my roots challenge #2

Pork Adobo

My second dish for my "Back to my roots" Challenge is the Pork Adobo. I usually make this dish with Chicken (on the rare occasion when I do make this) but it's just as delicious with pork. Once again, this recipe is a common fare at my mum's table. I love the balance of the sourness from the vinegar and the saltiness from the soy sauce. There are many, many versions of this dish out there but my mum's is a simple one and VERY satisfying.




  • 500g pork chops, cut into large pieces

  • 5 garlic cloves, smashed

  • 250ml water

  • 125ml white vinegar

  • 75ml dark soy sauce

  • vegetable oil

  • pinch of salt

  1. In a frying pan, add water, vinegar, garlic, salt and the pork chops.

  2. Simmer until the pork is cooked through; about 15 minutes.

  3. Remove pork and set aside liquid.

  4. Add the oil and fry the pork.

  5. Return liquid and soy.

  6. Simmer gently for 5 minutes.

  7. Serve with plan rice.

Pork Adobo @ Group Recipes


Bon Appetite
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails