Happy Australia Day to all my fellow Australians.
We like to spend Australia Day having an Aussie Barbie in the backyard and like to end the day by going into the city to see the huge Melbourne fireworks. This year we'll be having lunch at my mother in laws' and so I decided to make my green and gold lamingtons to bring along.
If you don't know what to make for your own celebrations, these lamingtons are very easy to make and delcious to eat.
150g caster sugar
75g plain flour, sifted
50g self raising flour, sifted
160g desiccated coconut
1 pkt 85g lime jelly
1 pkt 85g mango jelly
1. Preheat oven 180degC. Grease a lamingtom pan (20cmx30cm)
2. Beat eggs in a bowl with electric mixture for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Gradually beat in the sugar making sure it's well dissolved in between each addition. Fold in the flours and then spread the mixture into the baking pan
3. Bake for about 30mins. Turn cake onto baking paper covered wire rack to cool.
4. While cake is cooling, make the jellies according to packet instructions. Place in the fridge to set a little.
5. When the jelly has set a little, cut the cake into 20 pieces. Dip into the jelly then cover with the coconut. Place on wire racks to set.