I love the taste of this cheesecake. It tastes caramelly from the dulce de leche. I made my own dulce de leche. You can find the recipe below.
Dulce de leche may be hard to find in stores however it is very easy to make. Just make sure you follow the instructions carefully otherwise you may need to redecorate your kitchen. You will need to make this ahead of time as it needs to cool down completely before using it. I usually make it a day before I want to bake the cheesecake.
- 400g oreo cookies
- 150g melted unsalted butter
- 750g cream cheese(such as Philadelphia)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 600g dulce de leche, bought or made from 2 tins of condensed milk (see note below)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- Preheat the oven to 140c
- Put the oreo cookies in a plastic bag and bash them into crumbs with a rolling pin.
- Transfer the biscuits from the bag into a bowl, pour over the melted butter and mix well.
- Pour into a well buttered 23cm springform tin and spread evenly pressing it down.
- Chill for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile put the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl, beat in your vanilla and the duche de leche and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Finally beat in the cornflour and pour the mixture on top of the biscuit base.
- Bake for 1hour and 30 mins.
- When cool, remove from the tin and serve.
- Note - How to make dulce de leche
- Place an UNOPENED can of condensed milk in a suacepan of gently boiling water. MAKE SURE THE CAN IS COVERED IN WATER.
- Simmer for 3 hours. NEVER let the pan boil dry because if it is not fully submereged in the water, the can will explode and destroy your kitchen.
- Carefully lift the hot can from the water and leave to cool completely.
- Empty the can ito a jar and it is now ready for use.
Dulche De Leche Cheesecake @ Group Recipes