I decided to flour the chicken pieces before browning to thicken the sauce. Various herbs can be added, if wanted. I served this dish with corn and potatoes that we bought from the supermarket as a pre-cooked packet.
- 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets cut into strips
- 400g can Tomatoes diced
- 1 medium onion sliced thickly
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tbs worchestshire sauce
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- olive oil
- Coat chicken in flour.
- Fry in oil until brown then remove.
- Fry garlic and onions in same pan until translucent.
- Add tomatoes, soy, w'shire & sugar and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Return chicken with 50ml water and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh boiled potatoes and corn.