1 June 2007

My Quick N Easy Chicken

We had chicken in our fridge and needed to have something quick and easy for dinner. Hubby felt like something tomato-ee so what I decided to do is make up my own recipe today. When I make up dishes as I go, I try to make it simple. I like to have a repertoire of fast and simple dishes for the weekday to make it easy for myself after working all day.

I decided to flour the chicken pieces before browning to thicken the sauce. Various herbs can be added, if wanted. I served this dish with corn and potatoes that we bought from the supermarket as a pre-cooked packet.




  • 500g Chicken Thigh Fillets cut into strips

  • 400g can Tomatoes diced

  • 1 medium onion sliced thickly

  • 4 crushed garlic cloves

  • 2 tbs dark soy sauce

  • 2 tbs worchestshire sauce

  • 1/2 cup plain flour

  • 1 tsp sugar

  • olive oil

  1. Coat chicken in flour.

  2. Fry in oil until brown then remove.

  3. Fry garlic and onions in same pan until translucent.

  4. Add tomatoes, soy, w'shire & sugar and simmer for 3 minutes.

  5. Return chicken with 50ml water and simmer gently for 5 minutes.

  6. Serve with fresh boiled potatoes and corn.

My Quick N Easy Chicken @ Group Recipes

Bon Appetite
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails