8 March 2007

The Red Box

I have now returned to work from maternity leave. I work in the city so I am spoilt for choice when deciding where and what to eat for lunch. A few weeks ago, I read about the Little Red Box from Mellie from Tummy Rumbles. Since I work only half a block away, I had to try it.

Cafe Vue have a lunch special called "The lunch Box".



For $15 you get 4 courses : a savoury, a salad, a sandwich and a sweet. The menu changes on a monthly basis.


Fist of all, I love the Box it comes in. I've kept my empty one sitting on my office desk.

This week's menu was a Bisque with garlic croutons for the savoury course. The Salad was a Potato and Truffle Salad. The Sandwich was a delicious Chilled Duck Burger. I was looking forward to tasting this and it didn't disappoint. I could taste the herbs in the duck patty which gave it the "gourmet" taste and not that ordinary burger taste. The sweet was a Strawberry Cheesecake. This was not too sweet, that's probably why I liked it so much.




I am definitely returning for another Lunch Box.

Bon Appetit
Cherrie

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails