10 November 2010

Easiest dessert ever. Lemon Posset


I've never heard of lemon posset before I met my English Hubby.  I'm glad he introduced me to it.  It's the easiest dessert I've ever made.  3 ingredients and it takes about 5 minutes preparation time.  What could be better than that?

I do have to warn you though.  This is a "sometimes" food.  It's rich and creamy.  At the same time, it's luscious and delicious.



600ml cream
140g caster sugar
juice and zest of 2 lemons

1.  In a pot, add the cream and caster sugar.  Bring to the boil.  Whisk to melt the sugar.  Let it simmer for 4 to 5minutes.
2. Take off the heat and add the lemon juice and zest.
3.  Mix
4.  Pour into molds or cups.
5.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

I served my posset with lemon madeleines.  Here's my recipe

1 comments:

/* */ penny aka jeroxie said...

That does sound sinfully delightful... LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails