3 October 2010

Olive Oil Cake - LiveStrong 2010 with a Taste Of Yellow.


I found out that @winosandfoodies was hosting Livestrong with a  taste of Yellow Event to create awareness of Cancer Issues.  If you want to learn more or would like to help create awareness, you can click here.

There are many people who have been touched by cancer and this is my little contribution to honour those who have lived with cancer or knows someone that has.  My family has lost a loved one to cancer.  I dedicate this post to my uncle.  He will forever live in our memories.


For this blog Event, we are to create a yellow dish including a heart.  I have chosen to bake an olive oil cake.


2 large eggs
200g caster sugar
80ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml good white wine (I chose a Chardonnay)
200g self raising flour

1.  Beat together the eggs and caster sugar until pale and creamy.
2.  Add olive oil and the white wine and mix together gently.
3.  Sift the self raising flour into the mixture and fold.
4.  Pour into a prepared loaf tin.
5.  Bake in preheated oven (160deg  fanforced) for 30minutes or until cake is cooked
6.  Cool in the tin on a rack for 5 minutes before turning out.
7.  Serve with jam and a dollop of cream.


Bon Appetite,
Cherrie

9 comments:

/* */ Celeste @ Berrytravels said...

How interesting! Olive oil cake! I haven't heard of this cake before so I'm terribly intrigued.

Love the little heart shapes you cut out of the cake. So cute.

/* */ penny aka jeroxie said...

Fabulous! Good that you join in! :)

/* */ Ibyang said...

that's so clever cherrie! and you are so creative!

/* */ Caroline @TheOliveOrchard said...

Sounds delicious! Just last week, I made Lemon Thyme Olive Oil Cookies - now I must try this cake. With either Lemon or Orange EVOO, though, for a special twist!

If you'd like the cookie recipe I used: http://www.theoliveorchard.com/blog/olive-oil-recipes/lemon-thyme-olive-oil-cookies/

Thanks for your post!

/* */ Sally - My Custard Pie said...

Such a cute heart. I've never heard of wine in a cake - fab. Nice sentiments too.

/* */ Iron Chef Shellie said...

Great pics! I would like to do a post too, even though i've missed the date. I think we have all been touched by cancer.
x

/* */ Barbara said...

A lovely tribute to your uncle, Cherrie. The cake looks delicious. Thank you for sharing your heart on LiveSTRONG Day.

/* */ Trissa said...

Great effort on your part Cherrie - well done on "living strong" for the challenge. Cancer has hit all on us through family or friends... this is such a great way to raise awareness.

/* */ Emma @CakeMistress said...

Looks like a beautiful cake and a gorgeous dedication to the cause and tribute to your Uncle.

Related Posts with Thumbnails