12 June 2010

Sunbeam Cupcake Masterclass.


Gotta love twitter!

Hubby won tickets to attend the Sunbeam Cupcake Masterclass at the Melbourne Good Food and Wine Show 2010.  Since Hubby couldn't see himself making and decorating them (he did see himself eating them though), he gave the other ticket to my Sis-in-law.  It was loads of fun and there were plenty of taste testing along the way.


The actually cupcake making was easy enough as they had the Sunbeam Pattie cupcake maker on hand.  It was the tips and samples, that I was waiting for.






The instructor demonstrated on how to make a cute koala bear, butterfly and even a soccer ball inspired by the 2010 world cup.   



There were buttercreams to use to ice the cupcakes, along with food colouring to make whatever colour icing you like  There were also all sorts of lollies, chocolates and decorations for use.





Then it was our turn.  The person to come up with the best decorated cupcake would win a cupcake maker. Unfortuantely, neither I or sis-in-law won.  However, I did have my entry make it to the front of the class and went in the running.



Here was my entry.  I know it's not the most sophisticated cupcake but it was cute none-the-less.




Overall, the class was fun, full of tips and information.  Maybe next year I will pay for my own session and take my daughter, Deanna along, as I know she will enjoy it.

2 comments:

/* */ Agnes said...

Aww, cute! Too bad you didn't win the cupcake maker, but it sounds like it was a lot of fun. :)

/* */ penny aka jeroxie said...

So much fun and too bad we missed each other.

Related Posts with Thumbnails