- 100g dark cooking chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 80g butter, chopped
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 tspn bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup (40g) icing sugar
- Melt chocolate and butter in small saucepan over low heat. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Stir in caster sugar, egg and sifted flour, cocoa and soda. Cover, refrigerate about 15 minutes or until mixture is firm enough to handle
- Preheat oven to moderate oven (180deg/160deg fan forced). Grease oven trays, line with baking paper
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls, roll each ball in icing sugar, place on trays 8cm apart.
- Bake about 15 minutes, cool crisps on trays.
Chocolate Lace Crisps @ Group Recipes