- 4 tbs olive oil
- 4 rashes bacon, cut into strips
- 1 kg diced beef
- 2 diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 roasted capsicums, peeled and left whole
- 3 tbs hot paprika
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups unsalted beef stock
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 6 medium peeled and sliced potatoes
- In a heavy pot on a medium heat fry the bacon in the oil. Remove and set aside.
- Add the beef and cook until brown.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add onions, garlic and capsicum. Add paprika, can of tomatoes, beef stock and vinegar. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add potatoes and fried bacon. Stir and simmer for 30 minutes, semi-covered, stirring occasionally.